Friday, April 24, 2009

Square Investment

This week, I found out that we're resurrecting the community garden at school, and I have already reserved a plot. Having already planned out what to put in our garden at home, I'm thrilled to have the luxury to think outside the box. Outside the confines of my two 3X3 boxes, that is. There were things I didn't even dream of growing because I didn't want to spend any of my precious 18 square feet on them; cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts. I have my Burpee catalog in hand and Gardener's Supply Company's garden planner all lined up and ready to go as soon as I find out how much space I have. Remind me of this mid-August if I suddenly have produce coming out of my ears!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

congratulations! simple pleasures, right? I am jealous of your baby arugala and a little inspired for another year.... last year i planted flowers, which was a huge step for me. I'll do that again this year! I may need some guidance down the line!