Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sights to See






After our presentation today, Bob and I walked to Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf.  We left the hotel at around 2:30 and returned around 6:00.  We were on our feet most of the time, and I have blisters the size of Rhode Island.  I've never actually achieved blisters in a pair of Merrells before so that's a lot of walking.  

Among the sights we saw were: Alcatraz; the Bay Bridge; the Golden Gate Bridge; "wild" parrots; some neat art work; trolley cars; a strange circus-dinner theater that looks like Cirque de Soleil meets Zagat; sea lions; palm trees; Pilates classes; a scavenger hunt about Obama's first 100 days in office; Telegraph Hill; and public toilets we saw on the History Channel in a show about the history of personal hygiene.  

We came back to the hotel for just long enough to revive and then headed to Chinatown for dinner at the Oriental Pearl.  We heard a forecast for rain tomorrow so we thought we should get in as much outdoor sightseeing today as possible.  Tomorrow, we may head to the aquarium, the market, and the modern art museum. First, of course I will have to buy band-aids as well as batteries; I burned through 3 sets of AA batteries today and MUST, MUST, MUST buy some lithium batteries tomorrow.  It's almost laughable that we have to stop to buy batteries almost as often as we have to stop for me to use the restroom.  I think (I hope!) that we will sleep well tonight!

No comments: