Thursday, April 16, 2009

10 X 21

I'm really enjoying this "21 day" concept for making life changes.  I think I only need 5 more days of blogging after this post, and I have found the daily practice to be beneficial.  I already have ideas for the 42 days afterward.  I know that there are only so many hours in a day so I cannot make daily habits of things like exercising, writing, baking homemade bread, and committing a random act of kindness, but maybe the positive behaviors will become more consistent, and I will *gasp* be happier, just as Shawn Achor predicted.  So here's a list of 10 things I could consider doing for 21 straight days:

1.  exercise (obvious)
2.  not use a credit card (debit is allowed)
3.  use the L word in a real and legitimate way
4.  write 3 gratitudes
5.  commit paper to recycling
6.  take photos
7.  read a poem
8.  save $1
9.  listen to one new song on iTunes
10. commit a random act of kindness

Exercise, here I come.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

you can definitely write three gratitudes, not use your credit card, recycle paper, and read a poem! Great list, TLC!

Do you have rules for what constitutes "exercise"?