Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I love Mother's Day! I love it a little more because I stayed in bed until nearly 8 a.m. without feeling guilty. We had a lovely day. Duncan and Jamie took me to the Clermont State Historic Site for a garden tour and tea. The weather wasn't ideal for garden photos, but it didn't rain, and it wasn't unpleasantly cold. Duncan got a little antsy during the tour, and he and Jamie had to go off on their own to run around, but he was honestly the best behaved kid on the tour. We all loved the tea, which included such tasty morsels as lemon pound cake, cheese and crackers, cucumber sandwiches, and Linzer tortes. We came home for a nice dinner that I didn't have to cook, and then, on the turn of a dime, we were back into Sunday chores and the real world of domestic life. I'll post photos later, but I wanted to get in a post before I get lazy again.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, who taught me most of what I know about being a Mom, Happy Mother's Day to Kathy who taught Jamie much of what he knows about being a good husband, Happy Mother's Day to my mommy friends who have taught (and continue to teach) me what they know, and Happy Mother's Day to Duncan, who is probably the best teacher of all.

No comments: