Monday, May 4, 2009

-1

Eegads. I missed a day of blogging. I wrote an entry on Saturday, the day Bob and I returned from San Francisco but didn't get to post it until Sunday. It was a good run (32 days), and I don't think that one day off will do me any serious damage. It is nice to be home even though Duncan has seen fit to test us at every turn. I think between the time I picked him up today and the time he went to bed, he earned 5 time-outs. And when I picked him up at preschool, he could not stop hugging me. Even though he was an angel for Jamie while I was away, I think he is working through some residual concern/doubt about whether it's okay for me to leave and then return again. I hope he gets over it soon because it's like the terrible two's all over again.

On a positive note, I am crowing like a rooster. Dawn sent me an e-mail a few days ago to tell me that as a result of reading my blog, she has stopped buying bottled water for home and has replaced paper napkins with the nice cloth napkins she already owned! Yay! And Marcie started cleaning her house with vinegar! The only thing better than feeling like you're making a difference is the recognition that you're paying it forward!

No comments: