Saturday, June 27, 2009

21 X 2


Remember when I was doing that 21 day blogging experiment because Shawn Achor told me that building activities like journaling into my day could make me happier? Well, the whole "21-days-to-build-a-life-habit" thing really resonated with me.  So I embarked on another. I'm working on 21 consecutive days of exercise. Today was Day Thirteen. The first few days were difficult, and many days since then have been challenging. I worked two days this week so I had to find a way to fit in at least 20 minutes of physical activity, but I did it. Some days, I have exercised with Jamie; some days, I walked alone on the treadmill. I've reached the point where I am actually *gasp* enjoying it. I look forward to it. If I weren't working on the 21 days, I might actually miss it on the days I didn't exercise. I still don't know if it will become a life habit, but for now, I feel really good. I feel stronger and healthier and have fewer aches and pains. Jamie will tell you that I do whine about being sore, but so be it. Everyone has been supportive, and I even have a walking friend in Baltimore who started on Day One with me and has also stuck it through. Go Andrea! Eight more days!  

No comments: