Friday, July 11, 2008

Mama and Daddy's Big Day Out, Two

Our plan for Thursday was to visit a few Connecticut wineries. On further inspection (Wednesday night), we discovered that the wineries do not follow the same schedule as Mama and Daddy's Day Camp, and they were only open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. A quick change of plan led us to look for Hillside Gardens, in Norfolk, CT. Hillside Gardens was purportedly a nursery with exceptional display gardens. When we finally found it, it was not only not open but was also for sale. We wound our way back to Salisbury, where we had lunch at Chaiwalla. Although it was disappointing that we could not visit any of our choice destinations, I've been wanting to go to Chaiwalla for years so it was nice to check that off my life list. It's a cute little restaurant (and I emphasize little; I had to go through the kitchen to get to the bathroom, and the kitchen is the same size as mine at home). Jamie had tomato pie, I had a nice curried tuna salad, and we both ate decadent desserts as well as a pot of chai tea. It's a nice place to have breakfast, lunch, or a snack, and I highly recommend it. My vote for next week's outing is to revisit Stockbridge to see Chesterwood and Naumkeag.

No comments: