Friday, June 13, 2008

Introvert Comes Out


I have been living my life in vague apprehension the last few days. Letting Stephen read my blog made me bold, and impulsively, I decided to celebrate my 50th post by inviting about 37 people into my readership.  As soon as I clicked "Send" on the e-mail, I felt like I had stepped naked into the front yard.  I don't know how many of you out there are introverts, but it was Marcie who first pointed out to me the paradox of being an introvert but not wanting to be invisible.  Are there any introverts who WANT to introverts, who truly appreciate it?  Several of the introverts I know either openly admit they want to be something that they're not, or they struggle daily to exist in an extrovert's world. Mainstream society IS an extrovert's world.  But I'm coming along; I have faith that if I invite the right kind of people into my life, I can continue to be my introvert self while enjoying all the perks of the other half. Thanks for joining me.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I love this picture of you.

I have the same problem with brain research. I stay fascinated for a few days and reconsider graduate school. I love it! I love to talk about the pre-frontal cortex. I am happy to know that I am not the only dork out there.

Yay Celtics!

I am sad to say that in ten years with Matt it looks like I will never go to Yankee Stadium. How could this have happened?