Sunday, March 23, 2008

Three Batches Of Cupcakes Later



Whew! In case you thought we were all work and no play this vacation, we just finished Duncan's Whirlwind Birthday Tour: 3 batches of cupcakes, 2 pairs of grandparents, 2 aunts, 2 uncles, 2 cousins, 1 Easter bunny, and a partridge in a pear tree in 8 days. Thank you to everyone who helped to usher in his 3rd year; he is well on his way. And honestly, I don't think I can look at another cupcake for a while.

The stealth knitting project is on an upswing. I was, indeed, doing the yarn overs wrong so now I have managed to knit two buttonholes and finish the right side. Hopefully, during our upcoming trip to Vermont I can finish the right side and the left side. NOW we're cooking with gas!

Guess what we found outside today? No, guess! Crocus! As soon as I get a chance I'll upload the picture that was taken just before my darling boy crushed them with his delicate touch in a scene reminiscent of Of Mice and Men. Usually he's good about "GENTLE," but I think he was just too excited to be outside enjoying some much-needed sunshine.

Does anyone else find my focus on math in this blog to be a bit odd, considering I teach reading? Just wondering. Meanwhile, there's one more cupcake that didn't fit into the container...