Monday, January 18, 2010

Craft Hope, Continued

When I checked in to the Craft Hope for Haiti Etsy shop yesterday, it warmed my heart. All over the country, crafters are donating their work for sale, and 100% of the proceeds go to Doctors Without Borders. I bought a gift for someone on the site, but as I went through my transaction, new pieces were being added at about 1 a minute. I read a few blogs that referenced the site, and they said the pieces were selling like wildfire. One woman said she picked out something she wanted to buy but stepped out of the room to help her daughter with something; when she returned a few minutes later, her item was already gone! Craft Hope had gone competitive! If you do check in to shop, don't linger long. Find something you like and buy it! Don't forget, it's a straight donation to Doctors Without Borders with a nice piece of art thrown in!

No comments: