Thursday, January 7, 2010

Condemned (or, Police Line - Do Not Cross)

I will not be winning the gingerbread house challenge any time soon (and it's just as well since Cablevision has cancelled the Food Network, but that's a story for another day).

Here is the long awaited gingerbread house of doom - gingerbread house of ill repute - gingerbread house of destruction. It was a disaster, but I have this to say. I have wanted to do this for some time. I did manage to create a house that stood up. It was not a great family bonding project like I pictured it would be since I was inside glueing it together while Jamie and Duncan played in the snow. Eventually, when it came time to add the candy, it DID occupy Duncan for a long time. He still thinks we're actually going to eat the thing, but I think he'll change his mind quickly. Will I do it again? I don't know. I'm just stubborn enough to want to challenge myself to do it better, but I'm not stupid. We'll see. If I do another one, it will be a November project. There's too much to do in December to be messing around with gingerbread natural disasters.




Please feel free to laugh; I know I did.

No comments: