Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Dog Lucy

I was poking through Christmas pictures I took in December and remembered that I had never blogged about Paul and Lucy's last visit. We saw a lot of family and friends during the holidays, and I'm sorry that I didn't blog about all of you. However, Duncan made a significant development that I wanted to document in text and video.

No, we didn't get a dog.

If you're a loyal reader, and family member or friend, you may remember that Duncan has had a difficult time with dogs. He got knocked over by two dogs that belonged to our neighbor and has a continuing adversarial relationship with Bella, the Puggle who lives downstairs. Last year, over the holidays, Paul visited with Sadie. Duncan wouldn't set foot on the floor when Sadie was in the room; his fear was that strong. We carried him from room to room the entire time Sadie was in the house. When Paul started bringing his new dog Lucy, things were a LITTLE better, but it would take an entire weekend with Lucy for Duncan to develop enough comfort to pet her. During our New Year's visit, Duncan was a little nervous at first, and intermittently, but he and Lucy made fast friends. Duncan was willing to pet her, give her treats, and let her lick him. I was thrilled. It's not much of a video, but I really wanted to catch it on film. Enjoy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great video! Hey - he's ready to start taking chip shots with a soccer ball. He's got the foot position perfect on the walk away.