Friday, May 23, 2008

Trouble with a Capital T That Rhymes with P that Stands for Pool

Before Duncan escapes the bath, and I get involved in the bedtime routine, about all I have time to say is that NEVER AGAIN in ONE MILLION YEARS would I be an adolescent.  We had just about every adolescent drama possible at school today.  As far as I know, no one stole anything, no one died, and no one came out.  Everything else was there.  In the everyday functioning of the school, it's easy to get wrapped up in the inconvenience of all these events, but I feel sad for what these young people have to go through.  Sad seems like such a small word to describe teen angst, but there's no word that comes closer in meaning.  Sometimes, I wish I could make all their lives easier; life should not have to be this hard.

No comments: