Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Room of One's Own


I'm a little envious of Duncan's travel tent. I've been struggling lately with some identity issues. I love my little nuclear family passionately, but I'm trying to come to grips with my lack of free time. I feel sometimes like I don't have time to engage in any activities that are just for me. That's one reason I started this blog; it gave me the opportunity to carve out time for an activity that is all mine. Another thing I'm struggling with is my complete lack of privacy and personal space. I'm thankful to have the biggest closet in the house, but I even have to share a corner of that with Jamie. I wish that I could set up a little tent, crawl into it, and have one space all to myself. In the meantime, in Marcie's words, I'll just draw a bubble of personal space around me (and take a nap!)

1 comment:

Showing Up for the Muse said...

Theresa- don't panic- we have all been there! It's not some inherent flaw in your personality- it's really just the state of modern motherhood. We do too much. Take a 15 minute walk- by yourself- 7 minutes out of the house and a minute pause and 7 minutes back. I have found it to do wonders. (Also I am often amazed how life can go on just fine without me when I arrive home again...)