Saturday, April 26, 2008

Colin James Mihill













This weekend, we're in visiting Albany, New York, to celebrate my nephew Colin's birthday. We began the day at the Children's Museum of Science and Technology in East Greenbush. We saw snakes and lizards and turtles and owls. Colin saw a great show in the Planetarium, but Duncan was too tired and needed a nap. We went back to Nana and Poppy's house after lunch and played outside. The day started out drizzly and cold, but while we were in the museum the sun came out. It turned into a beautiful, balmy day, just perfect for playing outside on the swings and slides. Poppy made a nice dinner, and we had a Power Rangers cake and opened presents. It was a good day to be 5.

Dear Colin,

Wow! You are 5! It was pretty exciting when you were born. You were the first grandchild so we all waited anxiously for you for nine months. Then, you were two weeks late. Then, even though the doctors wanted you to come out into the world, you flat out refused. Finally, they went in to get you. Even though I wasn't there, I heard all about what was going on from Nana on the phone. We were pretty thankful that you were finally here! Uncle Jamie and I came to visit you in the hospital just two days after you were born. You seemed so tiny even though you were actually pretty big. I could have held you for hours. You just lay there quietly and held on to my finger. I came to visit you a lot that first year because you changed so much so fast! I could hardly keep up with you.

Now you are a Big Boy! You know so much about the world. You know all about the solar system and comets, and armadillos, and kinds of rocks, and how to count. You can read! You love to build things. You like all kinds of vehicles. You love science and nature, and you like to draw. You love Star Wars and Power Rangers and all kinds of things I don't even now about yet. You're almost ready to go to school. You are working hard to be a good cousin to Duncan even though he makes you crazy sometimes. You're my only nephew...and you're very special. I love you lots! Enjoy the ride from 5 to 6, Little Bear.

Love,

Auntie Theresa

No comments: