Monday, June 21, 2010

CSA Bibles

In addition to the infinite number of recipes available on the Internet, I have found Farmer John's Cookbook, by Farmer John Peterson and Angelic Organics, and From Asparagus to Zucchini, by the Madison Area Community Supported Agriculture Coalition, to be my best tools in dealing with the new and unfamiliar vegetables pouring in from my CSA.  Below is the "magic" spinach recipe that made my family so happy (From A to Z).
Cheesy Spinach  
Mix:  
3 eggs 
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice 
1 cup brown rice, cooked 
1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley 
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional) 
salt and pepper to taste  
Mix separately:  
1 large bunch of spinach, chopped and steamed 
1 cup cottage cheese 
1 cup grated cheddar cheese 
4 eggs
salt and pepper to taste 
pinch of cayenne  
Spread the ingredients from the first mixture in the bottom of a greased casserole.  Spread the spinach mixture over them.  Bake at 350 degrees until firm, 45 - 60 minutes.  Makes 10 - 12 servings.

2 comments:

Melissa Martin said...

That is so funny! I was just looking at the farmer john cookbook and was going to get that for you for Christmas. I heard the movie is something to see. Oh well, one less christmas present to get.. ;)

Unknown said...

I thought about getting it for you too. Do you have it? The movie is definitely something else!