Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Little Bit of Knit

I've kept up my resolution to make stuff; here's a little of what I've been up to.

Scarf Number 3 for Duncan's Teachers (Next Christmas) - modeled by Bear-y as I had no willing models.


Here's the progress on Duncan's hat. He requested a hat with stripes, and I took him to the yarn store, where he gravitated naturally to the polar fleece, and selected green, teal and red.  I was a little horrified, but now I think they work okay together. He's interested in its progress and asks me periodically if I can knit him different things, like shoes. I'll get through the hat first, and we'll see where that gets us!



I'm not sure what's making the yarn appear neon in the first picture; it's not quite that electric. I'm getting used to knitting in the round, and I hope it will help prepare me to tackle some socks. The polar fleece feels nice in my hands, but I don't like how it feels on the needles. It also sheds a bit on my clothes; I love the way it looks knit up though so I may use it again.

Happy Saturday!  Stay dry.

No comments: