Tuesday, August 5, 2008

White Noise

Is there a white noise machine that works for the INSIDE of your head? We got a white noise machine last week because our new downstairs neighbors are night owls, and we are not. The machine works well at blocking out noise, but it doesn't seem to control what's on the inside of my head.

Here's my old friend insomnia again. It's not really insomnia until you lose sleep...hmm...something like three times a week. Last night I couldn't sleep because I was up sick until 1:30, but tonight I can't turn off my brain, this on the heels of a weekend of bad hotel sleep. AGAIN I spent too long on the computer too late at night, but the biggest culprit tonight is this blog. I started to write a post about Jason and Suzanne's wedding, but it's going to take a while to write and will need some solid editing...meanwhile, long after I shut down the computer and attempted to go to sleep, it has continued to write itself inside my head. I guess I should be writing that instead of this just to get it out of my head, but I think I'd be up all night.

And where are my insomniac friends? They're probably all asleep.

No comments: